The Welding Engineer is the person that follows the operational welding related activities on the work site during the execution phase of the project.
– Preliminary test in the workshops to optimize procedures and equipment in order to reach the productivity and quality targets required by contract (either in bidding than execution phase).
– Qualify Welding procedure, planning activities and tests in order to comply with project program and expectations. Face Client representatives in coordination with Project Welding Coordinators.
– Verify the preparation of project consumables and equipment. Liaise with the construction team to ensure the set-up of the equipment required during production.
– Liaise with construction team to assure that set-up of the Welding procedure, planning, resources, equipments are understood and agreed in order to guarantee a correct set-up for the project activities.
– Transfer (and if requested advice for what necessary) to site or on board teams the procedure and project requirements. Verify that set-up and procedures are in line with project, contractual and Client requirements. Assist site or on board teams for critical matters, unexpected situation, Client liaison and relationship;
– Collect project specific data in order to feed statistics aimed to improve productivity and quality.
– Develop equipment to improve quality and productivity performances;
– Test new consumables;
– Develop and test new procedures and methods
– Assist the project to help subcontractors to comply with contract requirements;
– Verify the performance of subcontractors
The work of Fabrication Welding Engineer is carried out at the Welding Workshops, Subcontractors facilities and fabrication yards located worldwide.
Education and skills:
- Mechanical / Welding / Metallurgical Engineer university degree
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Office.
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal and written
- 1-2 years experience in the field
Selected candidates will be employed and will receive training according to the following program:
- 3 months: theoretical training in welding laboratory for IWI (Cortemaggiore Italy)
- 2 months: theoretical training (Arbatax Italy)
- 6 -12 months: on the job training in fabrication yards worldwide (possible locations: Kazakhstan, Indonesia, Nigeria, Angola, Saudi Arabia, etc)
- After this the candidates will be conducting and on the job training under the supervisor of a tutor for minimum 12 months.