Written by the Recruitment & Logistics Department
Job Title: CIVIL SUPERVISOR
CIVIL SUPERVISOR - WORLDWIDE LOCATIONS
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
• relevant experience in a similar position; experience in oil & gas industry would be a plus
Required Competencies/ Skills:
- fluent knowledge of written / spoken English
- excellent communication skills
• computer literacy in order to use design, drawing and word processing software
RESPONSABILITATI / BENEFICII:
The CIVIL SUPERVISOR is responsible for ensuring that all civil works, excavation, structures, drainage and paving etc are executed in accordance with the project drawings, documents and specifications consistent with Company procedures/practices and in particular the following:
- Maintaining a daily Site Diary.
• Maintaining close liaison with other discipline supervisors working in the area, in order to coordinate all classes or work in the area.
• Ensure subcontractor activities are carried out in accordance with the approved Subcontractor Quality plan.
• Ensuring that safe working practices relating to civil works are adhered to by close liaison with the Safety Officer informing him of proposed work areas and activities in accordance with Company's rules.
• Monitoring daily progress within the area of assignment and keeping records of quantities installed.
• Inspecting the quality of work on a day-to-day basis and ensuring that drawing data and specifications are adhered to. Update drawings, specifications etc to reflect 'As Built'.
• Closely scrutinize manpower levels and anticipate requirements, Keeping daily records of manpower and events and report if manpower levels affect the program.
• The Civil Supervisor is responsible for progress reporting in accordance with Company's Rules on a weekly basis.
• Raising Field Instructions where required to record any variations from the original Scope of Work, informing the Quantity Surveyor of any such variations.
• Monitoring material deliveries and anticipate requirements.
• Ensuring fully detailed documentation of all activities are raised and completed prior to Handover.
• Contract administration is the Civil Supervisor's responsibility as per Company Operating Procedure and technical queries in accordance with Company's rules.
• Checking all setting out and shuttering placement for accuracy and stability.
• Checking all reinforcing placement for spacing conformity and alignment.
• That all Concrete Pour Approval forms, in accordance with Company's rules, are correctly completed.
• That all concrete is correctly composed and all required tests and samples are obtained and/or approved.
• That all excavations are executed in accordance with standard practice and that the fill material is not deleterious to the buried objects or foundations and that all necessary permits (where required) have been obtained
Last Updated ( 2009-11-02 16:37:03 )