- Responsible for overseeing and directing all the tunnel construction work
- Overseeing, planning, and directing the tunnel construction, including the use of the tunnel boring machines during both the installation and operation of machinery for construction phase of the project;
- Ascertaining timelines and financial budgets for tunnel construction work through the review of client requirements and tender documents previously submitted;
- Preparing construction work schedule for duration of project and determining milestones for use in monitoring construction progress;
- Coordinating work schedule for shift engineers and ensuring procedures are in place to record and transmit relevant information to engineers on subsequent shift;
- Executing company’s construction work quality review programs;
- Preparing progress and incident reports regarding the operations of the tunnel boring machines and the tunnel project construction status;
- Directing the procurement of supplies necessary for tunnel construction work and for the efficient operation of the tunnel boring machines;
- Supervising tunnel construction personnel, including subcontractors.
- Degree in civil, mechanical or mining engineering;
- Extensive work experience in tunnel construction using TBM and EPBs;
- Experience working in tunnels requiring possible hyperbaric interventions;
- Ability to work both day and night shifts;
- Experience managing the work of subcontractors.
Location: Varna / Bulgaria
Contract duration: 12 months extendable