PIPING SUPERVISOR for onshore pipeline/Russia
Mission: Receive drawings and instructions from the superior, for the construction and assembly of piping and other material, operating in the workshop and during plant assembly. Co-ordinate and control the work of one’s staff (pipe operators, metal workers, crane operators, welders, etc.), ensure total compliance with safety and quality procedures and standards. Follow the Company safety standards
- coordinate and check the work carried out by personnel, directly acting during more difficult stages (pipeline routes, check of depths, lifting operations, etc.)
- inspect documents, check available assembly material and delegate work to employees
- define the assembly welding jobs, identifying the parts to be pre-fabricated at the workshop and the welding jobs to perform upon assembly
- prepare as-built drawings, with all variations made during works, giving the superior all data for correct accounting
- comply with detailed program for the use of personnel and equipment made available, promptly report any interference with and/or variations to the work of other parties
- provide quantitative data produced for issuing the State of Works Progress
- control the execution of works, whilst guaranteeing quality, ensure the operative programme is complied with and check that applicable safety standards are observed.
- Ensures that the various site activities (preliminary preparation, construction, prefabrication, assemblies, lifting, assembly and testing etc.) are carried out in compliance with good site practices, and within the scheduled times ; is responsible for personally supervising the execution of critical operations; arranges for inspection activities of completed or new works, in accordance with the representative of the client
- Compiles the operative control sheets for the assigned discipline of competence, revises said sheets on a weekly basis and communicates any notices once a month to the Works Accounting Assistant, Site Project Control Coordinator and Set-up personnel near completion of assembly.
- Analyses the flow of direct incoming materials for the assigned assembly over the short-medium term period, comparing the findings with the scheduled program and, in the case of variation forecasts, rescheduling works in such a way as to minimize any negative impact on times and costs.
- Makes sure that the effective operating capacity of manpower and/or subcontractors is commensurate with the extent of works assigned; identifying any critical areas and implementing the necessary action to overcome said critical phases in good time.
- Manages subcontract agreements of competence, by methodically conserving copies of transmittals, meeting reports, progresses reports and verbal reports which may be required in the event of a dispute.
- Carries out and approves sample tests on construction materials and gathers the relative certification.
Requirements and skills:
Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar
Demonstrable experience (min. 3 years) and proven track record in offshore and onshore oil and gas project front end engineering, detailed design, delivery and operation. Include all aspects of piping equipment specification and design.
Previous experience as a senior technical specialist within a team.
Excellent technical abilities as a Mechanical Engineer.
Demonstrable working knowledge of relevant technical codes and standards within the mechanical engineering discipline.
Ability to define contractor scope of work and review work progress and reports
English language – fluent
Italian or Russian will be considered an asset