CHIEF RESIDENT ENGINEER – ETHIOPIA
As a resident engineer/chief resident representative, your duties will include:
• Supervise construction inspection staff for the project, including the RCC Dam, powerhouses, 16×400 MW francis units, 500 kV substation system and auxiliary services and equipment to be part of the final permanent Works. This position entails all typical duties of a resident engineer or chief resident representative with the oversight of an inspection / office engineering staff.
• Plan, organize, and supervise resident engineering and construction inspection activities for major transit projects.
• Serve as the senior site representative for the inspection of contractor construction activities, certification of progress, processing and negotiation of claims and change orders.
• Supervise a staff of personnel consisting of engineers, inspectors, project control, office engineers, project administrators, and specialty sub-consultants.
• Involvement in the progress meetings and interacting with client on a as needed basis. Coordinates responses to RFIs and other technical issues with design engineers and the owner.
• Ability to interpret construction plans, specifications, and contracts. Must be willing to work weekends and/or weeknights as necessary.
• Previous resident engineering experience.
• Should have experience with overseeing heavy civil projects.
• Minimum of 15+ years’ relevant experience in the hydro-power industry.
• Must be client service focused, embrace a safety culture, be a team player, and communicate well with multiple stakeholders.
• The successful candidate is required to have a good understanding of claim management strategies and must be able to manage as representative a multi contractor mega project
• MSc in mechanical, electrical or civil engineering is required.
• English command is a must, written and spoken.