• Ensures the optimal production of electricity provided by the vapor and gas turbines on site.
• Assists and advises the maintenance teams, anticipates any technical problem, resolves breakdowns and ensures correct operation and usage of turbo-generator groups.
• person who directly reports to the Yard Supervisor and has the responsibility to coordinate an operation team for the execution of the maintenance activities on the steam turbines.
• direct involvement in the maintenance of steam turbines and of their smaller components.
• defines resources and related qualifications needed for any intervention.
• participates to the development of competences within his specialty
• trains technical teams on GT/VT
• supervises subcontractors works on GT/VT groups
• implements predictive and programmed maintenance
• organizes maintenance corrective actions.
• prepares inspection planning for the GT/VT groups.
• works in collaboration with the Methods
• proposes technical improvements
• ensures the set up and control of maintenance plans
• reports to his hierarchy the raised issues during operations
• makes reports on his activities to hierarchy, project manager, turnaround specialist etc.
• updates the information in CMMS.
• updates the technical documentation.
• ensures quality control of his activities; Ensures that company quality procedures are fully respected
• continues to remain current with emerging technology and provide advice as necessary; identifies and proposes implementation of new or updated technology
• demonstrates a personal commitment to and compliance with Health, Safety and the Environment by following:
o Country’/Location’s Statutory Regulations
o Health & Safety and Environment Safety Management Systems
o Risk Identification and Management (Mitigation)
o Emergency Response and Support (as designated)
• interfaces effectively with Direct Reports, HSE, Auxiliary Systems Engineering, Production Engineering, Technical Services, Operation & Integrity, Production Operations, Maintenance, State/Technical Authorities
• liaises with related contractors and vendors, local authorities through the appropriate Company departments, specialized companies and technical institutes on studies, standards and contractual issues
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL SKILLS& DEGREES & CERTIFICATION:
Relevant technical (preferably engineering) degree
Minimum 10 years power industry experience with minimum 5 years’ experience in the same position
Ability to work in team environments – communicate, understand and work with the dynamics of a multi-functional, multi-cultural and multi-location environment, work co-operatively with others
Knowledge and understanding of required international technical standards and local statutory standards/regulations
Good problem solving and analytical skills
Thorough understanding of complex operational issues and possesses the ability to promote them (within a Project or Operational environment) to the appropriate level of Management
Self-starter, able to effectively set and deliver against their own priorities within the context of the current and planned work load
Ability to lead and coach international and national staff
Computer literate able to prepare and make presentations
English and Italian languages – advanced level