Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and implements appropriate strategies and training programs related to HSE.
- Provides training services to support the elements of the Company’s HSE Management System;
- Training Data Analysis
- Putting together a Training Plan for the Project
- Putting together of Training Packages
- Conducting Task specific Safety Trainings
- Inducting new Personnel
Preparation of Tool Box Topics and Safety Talks
- Ensuring compliance with all Safety measures
- Counseling of non compliant personnel
- Training all personnel, including Safety Officers on HSE issues
- Conducts training needs analysis for employees and contractors of the Company related to HSE Policy and Procedures;
- Develops implements and conducts appropriate training programs to support identified needs related to Occupational Safety, Emergency Services, Health, Environment, and Risk;
- Assists in the development of appropriate mandatory HSE training matrixes for all employees and Company’s contractors;
- Maintains a documented inventory of HSE training including specifications, requirements, curricula, etc;
- Ensures that an accurate database of HSE training is maintained against all employees and contractors;
- Regularly evaluates the effectiveness of HSE training and develops appropriate training solutions/changes to ensure a high level of quality and competency;
- Identifies, implements and maintains appropriate training facilities, materials, and resources to support HSE training needs;
- Plans and submits budgets for appropriate Departmental spending;
Submit regular reports to the HSE Manager on the status of the HSE training program;
- Analyzes trends and make recommendations for improvement;
- Support the development and implementation of integrated management systems. Ensure that the HSE training complies with ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and OHSAS 18000 requirements.
• Degree in Engineering / Science / HND with internationally approved HSE (NEBOSH), Train the Trainer course attendance certificate
• Recognized technical certification in Safety Management Systems
Other job related requirements:
• Excellent developed communication skills, writing skills and computer literacy in English language.
• Accomplished ability in public speaking in the English language.
• Experience with electronic management systems such as SAP, intranet, etc.
NEBOSH International Certificate or UK NVQ Level 3 in Occupational Safety & Health or
IOSH Managing Safely and working towards NEBOSH Certificate
Industrial Safety Diploma
Certificate in Learning & Development or International Trainer Award and Assessor qualification
EAL Certificate in Training Skills or International Trainers’ Certificate
- 5 years of relevant experience associated with implementation of Safety management systems including exposure to international management system standards such as OHSAS 18000.
- 3 years of experience in delivering Health, Safety and Environment training, and inductions in the oil and gas industry – drilling and work-over both onshore and offshore projects