The Welding Engineer is the person that follows the operational welding related activities on the work site during the execution phase of the project.
– Preliminary test in the workshops to optimize procedures and equipment in order to reach the productivity and quality targets required by contract (either in bidding than execution phase).
– Qualify Welding procedure, planning activities and tests in order to comply with project program and expectations. Face Client representatives in coordination with Project Welding Coordinators.
– Verify the preparation of project consumables and equipment. Liaise with the construction team to ensure the set-up of the equipment required during production.
– Liaise with construction team to assure that set-up of the Welding procedure, planning, resources, equipments are understood and agreed in order to guarantee a correct set-up for the project activities.
– Transfer (and if requested advice for what necessary) to site or on board teams the procedure and project requirements. Verify that set-up and procedures are in line with project, contractual and Client requirements. Assist site or on board teams for critical matters, unexpected situation, Client liaison and relationship;
– Collect project data in order to feed statistics aimed to improve productivity and quality.
– Develop equipment to improve quality and productivity performances;
– Test new consumables;
– Develop and test new procedures and methods
– Assist the project to help subcontractors to comply with contract requirements;
– Verify the performance of subcontractors
The work of Welding Engineer is carried out at the Welding Workshops, Subcontractors facilities and on board Company’s pipe lay vessels located worldwide.
Education and skills:
- Welding Engineer university degree
- Intermediate Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Office.
- Excellent English communication skills: verbal and written
- Min 1 year experience as welding engineer
Selected candidates will be employed and will receive training according to the following program:
- 3 months: theoretical training in welding laboratory (Italy)
- 3 months: practical training in welding laboratory (Italy and Croatia)
- 6 months: on the job training on pipe lay vessels/yards worldwide.
- After this the candidates will be conducting and on the job training under the supervisor of a tutor for minimum 12 months. The welding engineers can be assigned onshore in a remote area or offshore on one of the Company’s pipe lay vessel.